World class tooling, world class delivery
For 20 years I was running an engineering moulding and mould making business in central Birmingham. FEMT started life in 2005 when a customer asked me about sourcing tooling from China.
Operating from a home office near Worcester I offer a complete service covering a variety of processes in plastics and die casting though other engineering capabilities are available from China.
Working with a selected and small group of toolmakers in the Shenzhen area who have all been visited numerous times I can offer a complete management service interfacing between customers and the toolmaker.
Flexibility is the key as each requirement tends to be slightly different in terms of tool construction, grades of steel, plastic resins or die casting aluminium, feed and ejector arrangements and so on.
- Customer sends me 3D CAD files (.STP/.IGS/.PRT) with all special requirements.
- A quotation is submitted within 36 hours (usually quicker).
- Once details are agreed and order is placed with 40% deposit the mould design starts and takes 3-4 days.
- Mould design is submitted for approval and once this is given a timing plan (updated weekly) is generated usually for 4-6 weeks.
- At T1 pictures of parts are mailed to the customer with video if requested. Sample parts are sent by 3 day courier. Second 30% invoice raised.
- Based on customer feedback moulds are modified / adjusted or are approved. Final 30% invoice on approval.
- Moulds can be shipped to UK or stay in China for production.